Utilizing the facilities at the nearby Watertown Golf Club (Taft's home course), this new program is designed for the competitive golfer pursuing a high school or collegiate level program. All instructors are PGA certified and supplied by lan Marshall's Golf Shop.
The program offers a 5:1 student-to-teacher ratio and accepts a maximum of 10 eligible students per session.
A (two weeks): June 27–July 8 - $650
B (two weeks): July 11– July 22 - $650
- Must be enrolled in the Taft Summer School's Academic Program
- Letter of Recommendation from Golf Professional, Instructor, or Coach
- Must be able to provide a USGA Certified Handicap Index of:
- 16.5 Index for Boys
- 23.2 Index for Girls
Typical Weekly Schedule (rotated based on instructional needs)
- Monday: Full Swing with Video, Fundamentals including Posture, Grip and Alignment
- Tuesday: Putting and Chipping, Fundamentals and Drills, Effective Practice to Score
- Wednesday: Full Swing with Short and Midirons (Hybrids included)
- Thursday: Putting and Chipping, Reading the Greens and Specialty Shots (Lie & Slope)
- Friday: Full Swing with Drivers and Fairway Woods
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 2:30- 4:30PM Wednesday 1:30 to 2:30PM
Each session will include 2 hours on-course instruction and course access Sundays after 4:00PM.
Submit your complete Golf Program Application (including eligibility requirements) along with your
Taft Summer School application. The Golf Program application is available under "Downloads" at www.taftschool.org/summer. Contact the Summer School office for more information.